As you already know, mining is the extraction of valuable minerals or other geological materials from the earth of a deposit. There are, depending on the place where it takes place, various types of mining.
Types of mining
Within this process, we distinguish two types of mining, open-pit mining and underground mining.
Open pit mining is the industrial activity that consists of removing large amounts of soil and subsoil, which is later processed to extract the mineral. This mineral can be present in very low concentrations, in relation to the amount of material removed.
Underground mining is the work that is carried out underground, and is carried out when the extraction of minerals in the open pit is not possible, either for environmental or economic reasons.
These processes have several stages and range from the extraction of the mineral until it becomes a marketable product.
Stages of the mining process
These stages change depending on the type of mining, but generally they are:
- Exploitation : mineral extraction processes in the mine.
- Loading : loading of the mineral in trucks.
- Transport : movement of the mineral to the places where it is processed.
- Crushing or processing : they are carried out in specialized centers where the rocks are crushed to obtain the minerals.
- Refinement : it is the transformation and purification of minerals through techniques such as smelting.
- Marketing : Purchase, sale and distribution of the product.
- Recycling : after the useful life of the material, it melts to give them new uses.
For each of the mining processes a specialized machinery or installation is necessary.
Mining machinery and equipment
Exploitation: both machinery and facilities specialized in the process, as well as those that can help in the process.
- Bucket Elevators and Accessories – Also known as vertical elevators. This equipment, widely used in primary and secondary industry, is designed in a standardized modular way for the vertical transport of solid bulks, both wet and dry, and is ideal especially when a conventional conveyor is not enough, there is a too steep slope or a great height. It has “heavy duty” bucket elevators, specially designed for lifting hard and abrasive minerals.
- Belt conveyors: The belt conveyor is probably the most used equipment in the transport and handling of solids.
- Auger conveyors : We have dosing augers specially designed for hard and abrasive materials, as well as for medium materials. Among the former, we highlight the dosage of siliceous sands and highly abrasive aggregates in our dry mortar manufacturing facilities. As well as augers for cement, plaster, lime, etc.
- Vibrating bottoms : Vibrating silo extractors facilitate the regular and continuous discharge of bulk products without disintegration or dead zones.
- Microdosers : These equipments ensure a precise and exact dosage, and can be used in both continuous and discontinuous processes.
- Dynamic weighing on conveyor belt : System for dynamic weighing of solid products on rubber belt conveyor belts. Valid for any conveyor belt as the frame design is universal.
- Horizontal silos : They are used in cases of having a low height to install a traditional silo, products whose logistics require loading at origin and dosing at destination.
- Bag and cartridge filters : we have a wide range of dust filters for various applications, mainly for industrial mineral processing facilities, dry mortar manufacturing, cement, gypsum, lime, recycling facilities, etc.
- Discontinuous mixing : it is indicated for the manufacture of dry mortar. Continuous mixer : it is indicated for the manufacture of gravel-cement.
- Humidifiers : designed to add water to fillers or fines, and allow their subsequent handling as a manageable solid without dust emission.
As well as the importance of goods in the mining process, the facilities that are had to perform an efficient work are very important.